Sunday, June 2, 2013

Parallel Processing: The Message of the Sublime


Parallel Processing: The Message of the Sublime

What was it that made me look through the eye of my camera at that moment in time?  What was the energetic draw?  What spoke to my Spirit?

My recent interest in these video captures is slowly emerging from my second chakra (creative center).  As an Occupational Therapist, I have been educated to observe & recognize function, sensory processing and behavior.  This scene tweaks my knowingabout the auditory, visual & vestibular (movement) systems. 

I am a Medicine Woman and have studied the traditions of Cherokee Shamanism.  Again, I have been motivated by my attention to the subtleties of details esp. in Nature.  I observed the elemental connections of Fire (passion), Water (emotion), Earth (bodily sensation), and Air (intellect) in this scene.

While I stood there and observed Nature through the lens of my cell phone, thoughts began to swarm around me.  Through auditory processing: wind sounds were prevalent, akin to a blustery day.  Perhaps, this is October?  [No, it’s April].  Despite the coolness of the day, I heard birds chirping in the background.  The ambient sounds rose and diminished – – akin to musical dynamics. Through visual processing: There seemed to be a lack of color in the scene. While scanning the scene with my cell phone, I noticed that pastel colors of pink and green softly entered from the left to the middle of the camera frame.  Through vestibular processing: The branches wove gently from the wind’s prompting. The thicker limbs sustained their immobility against the wind’s insistence.

Later, when I viewed the images, I drew conclusions from the symbolism of the scene. The element of air was prominent  with its connection to intuition and cognition.  My first impressions drew me to the underlying and subtle aspects of Nature.  Holistically, there seemed to be gentle encouragement, trusting connection, acknowledgment and assurance.

This scene of sublime beauty and spiritual thought taught me a valuable lesson – – pay attention. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment