Sunday, April 28, 2013

Prior to my performance, "The Nearness of You," a retrospective of my psychic pathway with my vocal rendition of 1940's jazz selections & piano accompaniment by Laura Hoffman, I was softly amazed by the unusual perching of two seagulls atop the roof of my car!!!  Really!?!

Whatever can this message be???  Two plump seagulls sat atop the roof of my car!!!  In addition, they were facing me as I returned to my car with my daily decaf in my hand.  I am Subtle Woman, a Medicine Woman studying Shamanism.  So, my interest is tweaked immediately.  Seagulls, according to Ted Andrews, author of Animal-Speak: The Spiritual & Magical Powers of Creatures Great & Small, cites that "the appearance of a gull usually indicates lessons or abilities in proper behavior, courtesy, and communication.  It may reflect you need the lessons, or that you may become the teacher of such.  It may also reflect new learning in the subtleties of communication...They can help you to read between the lines and understand the body language of others.  They hold knowledge of the techniques of psychological communication."

Well, of course, I need & nurture others with the subtleties of communication.  As a true student of metaphysics, I smiled at this cosmic opportunity of reflection, recognition & awareness.  When I perform my show about my psychic pathway, I will bear in mind the foretelling elements of the avian totems of color (white: truth, black: protection, yellow: communication ), species ("...ability to respond automatically from an instinctual and/or to use our innate intuition..."), air (unity), directionality (East: healing, creativity & communication) & number (two: relationships with others & self).

Thank you, Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment