Sunday, January 7, 2018

HOOPOSOPHY: Choose to Let Go and Allow the results to Evolve with Ease.


Welcome to, HOOPOSOPHY, my weekly Vlog on the elements, symbolism and experience of Hooping, dancing and musicality. Each week, I expect to tape one of my Hoop sessions and share it on social media.  I will include tenets of Shamanism, intuition, psychic awareness, therapeutic interventions, music, dance and healing. 

I live my life as a Shamanic Medicine Woman in the Cherokee tradition, Healing Touch Certified Practitioner, Certified Intuitive/Psychic, Master Hooptress, Spiritual Eclectic Performance Artist, Classically-trained Vocalist, Jazz singer, Dancer, Dee Jay, Wellness Counselor and Occupational Therapist.  Please enjoy the writings of this multi-sensory scribe.  



HOOPOSOPHY: Choose to Let Go and Allow the results to Evolve with Ease.

Denise E. Williams, Subtle Woman/Medicine Woman and Master Hooptress

January 7, 2018

This afternoon, I processed my Hoop improvisation through my terminology of Intuitive Musicality.  Miles Davis’, “It’s Only a Paper Moon” featuring Sonny Rollins musically supported my efforts.  *No Copyright Infringement Intended. *

Again, I created this Dance Hoop segment with the use of two 3lbs. Hoops.  In the back of my mind was the Synchrony of Duo Hoop/Rhythm/Flow without the triad’s faltering and resultant falling of the Hoops.  However, it was unwise for me to project these concerns, because the Energetic Disconnectionwas more prevalent and possible.  Okay, fake it ‘til I make it.

I start with a stirring motion of the Hoop to the left side.  [In the tradition of Shamanic Healing, the left side connotes the emotional/feminine/intuitive/Yin element].  I gave a strong Swoosh with accompanying finger snaps to augment the beat.  What’s done to one side must be done to the contralateral (opposite) side in the Bilateral Experience.  [The right side connotes the intellectual/masculine/logical/Yang element.] 

Visually, I discerned a less impactful Energetic Portrayal.  [What concerned me?]  Well, of course, my issues of control and avoidance of failure wafted up.  That weaker portrayal created an energetic void within the Hoop!  So, what did I do? I stabilized the Friction Brushing of the two Hoops as they rubbed and spun past each other.  I gathered the disorganized and detached energy within the bilateral union and initiated a midline presentation of my feetwork.  I become Still, so that the Hoops could realign.

I resumed a moderately complex footwork pattern until the glisser (the slide and subsequent disengagement of the Hoops) lessened.  However, not for long, because the Hoops began to spin in opposing elliptical patterns.  As this Tent Effect of the Hoops persisted, they finally gave way to gravity and fell.

I quickly assessed the situation and retrieved the fallen pair.  [In Occupational Therapy, the estimation of Force that is required to grasp, hold, manipulate, attach and/or disassemble objects—hand occupations, become another aspect of Hooping].  I was thinking vs. sensing the movement and beat, thereby disallowing adequate connection of my intuition/core/motor control.  In order for me to align the bilateral Hoop experience, I will infuse a Knowing, relaxed state and an Assured Expectation for a successful connection in the Hoop Experience. 

And, so goes the Lesson of Hoop Praxis (motor-planning) i.e. the Dance of Lead and Follow.  The Hooper can choose either role—Leads evoke the change in choreography and Follows respond to the change.  As the Master Hooptress, I frequently choose the role of Lead in my Hooping practice.  In Hooping, the complexity of mastering choreography mirrors the tenets of an Energetic/Shamanic Healing i.e. Grounding, Assessing, Balancing, Clearing and Mindfulness.

When the Hoop falls, pick it up and start again.  A Japanese proverb asserts, Fall down seven times, Stand up eight.


Please view the attached video.  Thank you in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/denise.e.williams/videos/vb.1097291343/10213384230455699/?type=2&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment